Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 16 of 17  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page « 113 14 15 16 17 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Rhineland designsPosted: April 23rd, 2014, 8:22 pm
Quote:
The mast itself is based off ones used on French pre-Dreadnoughts, which tended to look rather weak
What's your evidence for such a claim? - Do you actually know how they looked like at all?

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Rhineland designsPosted: June 6th, 2015, 7:24 pm
*Blows of dust then chokes to death*
Blimey has it been that long since I posted something here?

Anyway I have a couple of three ships here that I want people to have a look at.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Rhineland designsPosted: June 6th, 2015, 7:39 pm
Hi APDAF,

Can I ask where you park the helicopter on the Roon-class? I ask because you appear to have VLS cells where I think the hangar would normally be...

Also, not sure, as modern-era stuff I've not done an enormous amount of research on, but I'm unsure how you are guiding your missiles.

Also, have you checked the deck heights on the earlier ships? The spotting tops look to be about eight feet in height, not sure how much room that leaves inside for people.

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Rhineland designsPosted: June 6th, 2015, 8:13 pm
He's back!

While I won't comment on any major design issues, I will say two things: First off, why two rudders, one big and one small (ignoring the fact that rudders may be side-by-side), on the battleship?
Second offly, it's not standard to outline flags in black, and IMHO looks... horrible. If you absolutely feel that they need to be outlined, go with a lighter color than black. It'd also look nicer to add some ruffles in the flag. Right now it looks... artificial.

And I do second ApdSmith's comment about the VLS cells, and it's a mistake I've made before.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Rhineland designsPosted: June 7th, 2015, 11:34 pm
apdsmith wrote:
Can I ask where you park the helicopter on the Roon-class? I ask because you appear to have VLS cells where I think the hangar would normally be...
Also, not sure, as modern-era stuff I've not done an enormous amount of research on, but I'm unsure how you are guiding your missiles.
Also, have you checked the deck heights on the earlier ships? The spotting tops look to be about eight feet in height, not sure how much room that leaves inside for people.
The hanger is offset to the starboard side while the VLS is to the portside.

I know very little about radars so I am not sure myself.

There should be plenty of room inside the spotting tops but I will double check.
ezgo394 wrote:
While I won't comment on any major design issues, I will say two things: First off, why two rudders, one big and one small (ignoring the fact that rudders may be side-by-side), on the battleship?
Second offly, it's not standard to outline flags in black, and IMHO looks... horrible. If you absolutely feel that they need to be outlined, go with a lighter color than black. It'd also look nicer to add some ruffles in the flag. Right now it looks... artificial.
The second smaller rudder is to mainly help in port and during low speed maneuvering.

It is attaclly outlined in a very dark gray in inside of the flag is black so I need an outline.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Rhineland designsPosted: June 8th, 2015, 12:35 am
Do you have a reference that shows this configuration being used?

Hmm? You still don't need an outline. It just detracts from the overall look of the thing.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Rhineland designsPosted: June 8th, 2015, 1:22 am
inline rudders

[ img ]

Seydlitz and the other German BC's had them due to very narrow sterns where they could not fit side by side twin rudders

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Rhineland designsPosted: June 8th, 2015, 1:55 am
Ahh, thanks Krakatoa. I hadn't seen that before.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Rhineland designsPosted: June 8th, 2015, 2:33 pm
Yeah I should really redo the stern on the Blucher class a little.

Anything else that is a problem?

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Rhineland designsPosted: June 8th, 2015, 3:31 pm
*sigh* As it's been said a million times: Take a look at real life drawings, compare compare compare, practice practice practice, and listen to what other people tell you. If you look back at the thousand posts of your other threads, you can find all of the advice that has been given by people.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 16 of 17  [ 161 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 113 14 15 16 17 »

Jump to: