Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 23 of 29  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page « 121 22 23 24 2529 »
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: February 16th, 2013, 7:32 pm
I like both drawings a lot. The 17 troops seems like a bit much but I didn't at first notice the open roof on the AIT-2. Looking forward to seeing whats next

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: February 16th, 2013, 8:19 pm
I have to say I find the lack of a roof on an armoured transport to be odd to say the least. After all one of the main criticisms levelled against the M3 half-track and the Sd.Kfz. 251 was the lack of a shrapnel proof roof.
Stylistically the drawing looks good though.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: February 16th, 2013, 8:38 pm
Thank you both.

Well I mainly based this off of the BTR-60. As time progressed, the troops were able to put input towards the design, and the a roof was soon added (like in Batch 3 of the AIT-2). The troops still had to 'jump' over the sides, but they had a roof. All subsequent designs after the AIT-2 Batch 3 had roofs, and when the AIT-4 was produced it incorporated a side door like on the BTR-80, to make disembarking easier. The AIT-5 after that incorporated side doors and a rear door.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackscorpy
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: February 16th, 2013, 9:25 pm
Quite a nice job as always. I did notice the designs this morning, but didn't get around commenting them. The mid-section load bay without doors is a bit awkward (then again, it's a BTR... kind of), as is the lack of roof in the initial variants as mentioned. Another thing was the 17 passenger capability, as noted. All in all it looks good, and you should know my stance towards the AIT-5 anyways. :D
eswube wrote:
Nice work. :)
That AIT-5 reminds me a bit the recent Cuban modifications of BTRs.
You got any links on this one?

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: February 16th, 2013, 11:15 pm
Thank you. Don't expect that much detail on my upcoming vehicles. I knew exactly what I wanted with these, but not with everything else.

I think he is referring to these.

I am still not sure about these next vehicles. I am torn between the Man KAT, Oshkosh HEMTT, the Tatra 813/815, and the MAZ-543/7310 as the basis for my main cargo/support vehicle.

This one is based off of the MAZ-543.
[ img ]
Heavy truck - 25 ton
1st one is a left hand cab only
2nd one is a dual cab

Length: 36' 6"
Width 10' 0"
Height: 9' 10"
Crew: 1+1(3) passengers

Cargo capacity: 25 tons on-road, 15 tons off-road

Main armament: None, but may be equipped with turret ring on right side cab.
Engine: 22.25L twin-turbocharged V8 producing 750hp at 3250 RPM
Range: 550-600 miles
Speed - Land: 55 mph

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: February 17th, 2013, 9:21 am
@Blackscorpy, Ezgo394 - partially yes, but there are also modifications of BTR-60 with BMP-1 turret (as well as with 23mm and 37mm AAA).

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: February 17th, 2013, 8:59 pm
Been working on a 10 ton crew cab, based on the Tatra 813/815 and the cab of the WR-40 Langusta.

[ img ]
This is what I have so far.

Any comments?

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: February 17th, 2013, 11:05 pm
Nice. :)
Vehicle on which WR-40 Langusta is Jelcz P662 truck
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jelcz_P662
(in Polish - but pics You can see anyway).

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackscorpy
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: February 17th, 2013, 11:31 pm
Seems a bit big for a cabin (although I can see the influence). Second row of seats and/or a sleeper cabin for the crew I presume, judging by the layout? The cab size might be a bit excessive for a normal sleeper cabin, but for something where you have systems in it, too, or being towed, it's not a bad idea. Such as a gun tractor. Or you can always just throw more stuff in the rear... yeah, makes the thing a bit longer but gives you flexibility. :D

After a long series of thoughts, I ended up with T813, T815 and MAN SX/HX series trucks for my mid-heavy needs... good trucks they are, apparently. The new MAN ones have more electronics and fancy stuff than their competitors, apparently, but they're still quite rugged.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: February 17th, 2013, 11:39 pm
Thank you eswube. Yeah, that's what what I meant :lol:

The cabin is based on the Jelcz P662 cabin, with the seating layout of the Tatra, with up to 8 seats. 2 in front, and then 6 in back, 3 facing forward, and 3 facing backwards. Other than that, the cab can be used for housing systems.
Once I get the truck finalized, it will be the basis for my Wheeled SPAAG, Artillery and basically every other Medium Truck. The truck itself is based on the backbone tube chassis/independent suspension (as is the HT-25 that is 5 posts up) that Tatra has revolutionized.

EDIT:
I did a quick mod, and this is what I came up with. Now with this revision, I can see a resemblance to the MAN KAT, Tatra 813/815 and the Jelcz P662 :lol:

[ img ]
The first truck is the 10 ton 8x8 truck, and the second one is the 7.5 ton 6x6 truck.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 23 of 29  [ 282 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 121 22 23 24 2529 »

Jump to: