Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Rowdy36
Post subject: BuildingsPosted: November 21st, 2013, 2:24 pm
I decided to try something different from ships and planes, so here is the third tallest building in Perth:

[ img ]
108 St Georges Terrace (formerly known as the Bankwest Tower), which is 247m to the top of the antenna and 214m to the top of the roof.

It's in Shipbucket scale but I wasn't too sure what to do about templates to I just left it as it was...

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: BuildingsPosted: November 21st, 2013, 4:17 pm
Great work! :)
As for the template - I suppose that template of basic (1000 points) width, just stretched appropriately in height would be ok.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: BuildingsPosted: November 23rd, 2013, 12:06 am
Very nice! Looks great!

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: BuildingsPosted: November 23rd, 2013, 3:16 am
Thanks guys :)

[Profile] [Quote]
squizzy
Post subject: Re: BuildingsPosted: November 23rd, 2013, 5:58 am
Ahhhh the old Bond Corp Tower then later renamed R&I Tower (after Alan Bonds Corporations and Businesses went Bankrupt)and now BankWest Tower! Gees old memories of ol Perth Town.

"The British Air Farce have droopped their bums on the water works..They have scored a direct hot on the pimps"- British agent/gendarme Officer Crabtree, "Allo,Allo."

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: BuildingsPosted: December 14th, 2013, 8:17 pm
It looks good. This is the exact idea I had for Buildingbucket. I actually have a skyscraper design that I've tended to on and off since starting it a couple years ago. It has a scale key and name block, so I think if I post it here, we could pool ideas and come up with a template. I also wrote down a rough idea of some rules back when I pitched the idea in General Discussion.

Rowdy36, what do you think of the idea of possibly integrating my ideas and even potentially making this an open Buildingbucket thread?

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: BuildingsPosted: December 14th, 2013, 10:14 pm
Wikipedia & Universe wrote:
Rowdy36, what do you think of the idea of possibly integrating my ideas and even potentially making this an open Buildingbucket thread?
IMHO that could be an interesting initiative. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: BuildingsPosted: December 15th, 2013, 1:13 am
I like that idea. I think it would add another very interesting dimension to the SB scale and style.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: BuildingsPosted: December 15th, 2013, 5:46 am
what do you think of the idea of possibly integrating my ideas and even potentially making this an open Buildingbucket thread?
That's perfectly fine by me :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: BuildingsPosted: March 31st, 2014, 7:06 am
Rowdy36 wrote:
what do you think of the idea of possibly integrating my ideas and even potentially making this an open Buildingbucket thread?
That's perfectly fine by me :)
Cool. I now actually have something to offer.

The Buildingbucket rules would be as follows:
  • 1. Buildings are to be drawn in SB scale (2px = 1 foot). Anyone wishing to draw buildings in other scales (such as 4px = 1 foot) should create a separate thread (for the 4px example, you could call it, say, "Buildingbucket X2").
    2. Buildings are to be drawn in Shipbucket style. This means the same general rules about outlines/pixel corners, shading, etc. as Shipbucket are to be practiced. An exception to this would be that the rules regarding window colors aren't as strict. Many buildings have certain visible window tints, some of them iconic, and drawings should reflect this. Use blue when there is no particular tint or (if it's a personal design) where you don't intend to tint.
    3. Buildings may be real, never built, proposed, alternate history, or a design of your own, just like ships.
    4. Practice respect for buildings. Do not draw rust, missing panels, or similar damage on buildings. Depicting buildings under construction is fine, especially if it aids in visualizing a personal design, so long as the depiction is respectful and in good faith.
    5. If a structure's height exceeds its width, use a vertical scale key instead of a horizontal one. For example, a drawing of the Pentagon would feature a horizontal scale, whereas a drawing of the Empire State Building would use a vertical scale.
As for my first offering, I started working on this "generic skyscraper" almost two years ago and completed it not long thereafter, and it's been sitting in my pictures folder ever since. More recent additions include the scale key and name, and my most recent change before uploading was to make the mechanical floors less unsightly by "painting" them light brown instead of gray. The drawing also includes an outline of what the top view is supposed to look like, and I'm still classing it as a WIP as I don't know whether or not I want to do anything more with the drawing. So, without further ado, here's what I've got:
[ img ]

Last edited by Wikipedia & Universe on April 1st, 2014, 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: