Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 10  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 10 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: Zealandia In FD ScalePosted: December 20th, 2013, 10:35 am
For the time your looking at (I'm assuming late 1950s) I'd say yes the Hunter would be good in that role. It's probably better than the F-86D overall and the four 30mm ADENs offer a hard punch against bombers and the like. I've seen what-if all-weather Hunters mocked up from the two-seat T.7, but I think that the single-seat option here would be better. It would be obsolete by the mid-60s but should hold its own against subsonic bombers beyond that. You would probably want drop tanks on at all times though to maximise patrol range.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Zealandia In FD ScalePosted: December 20th, 2013, 11:09 pm
Dude, Trojan, at least change the tailcodes and other 318th Markings... Oh, and it has a new designation, the F-25A Tigerhawk

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Zealandia In FD ScalePosted: December 21st, 2013, 4:39 am
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Zealandia In FD ScalePosted: December 21st, 2013, 7:40 am
Hood wrote:
For the time your looking at (I'm assuming late 1950s) I'd say yes the Hunter would be good in that role. It's probably better than the F-86D overall and the four 30mm ADENs offer a hard punch against bombers and the like. I've seen what-if all-weather Hunters mocked up from the two-seat T.7, but I think that the single-seat option here would be better. It would be obsolete by the mid-60s but should hold its own against subsonic bombers beyond that. You would probably want drop tanks on at all times though to maximise patrol range.
Excellent I'm glad to hear its feasible. Yeah considering I assume its adversaries in Asia would mostly be Mig-15s, Mig-17s Tu-16 and/or ll-28s into the mid 60s at least I think its performance should be just fine.

Nighthunter my apologies, that was lazy of me and I'll use your blank version to help rectify it thank you.

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Zealandia In FD ScalePosted: December 21st, 2013, 10:51 pm
Anytime

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Zealandia In FD ScalePosted: January 26th, 2014, 8:07 am
Updated F-25:
[ img ]
For my AU I am keeping the F-21C name if thats ok.
Also the Super Tiger 1963 version [ img ]
All fighters operated were labeled Navy after initial deliveries before they were officially adopted by both branches in 1966 when the Air Force ended its new fighter competition in favor of more Super Tigers. The Pilots were all trained as carrier and air force pilots to simply training logistics. More background on them to come.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Zealandia In FD ScalePosted: January 26th, 2014, 8:39 am
Nice. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
indiajuliet
Post subject: Re: Zealandia In FD ScalePosted: January 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Good work Trojan. What's the idea behind the light green Tigerhawk? Is that tropical camo? Nice to see something a bit different :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Zealandia In FD ScalePosted: January 31st, 2014, 1:16 am
Thanks Guys! Indiajuliet I originally thought of it as experimental camo for the more tropical and forested areas in Zealandia, and also being tested in East Timor, but never being fully adopted because of its specificity. Basically what I'm saying is that I wanted an excuse to use a light green and yellow paint scheme. :) :lol:

Last edited by Trojan on January 31st, 2014, 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Zealandia In FD ScalePosted: January 31st, 2014, 4:12 am
I find that light green scheme enticing. Looks good Trojan ;) .

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 10  [ 100 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 10 »

Jump to: