[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

do you think sharks are evil?
2. No  89%  [ 25 ]
3. I don't know  11%  [ 3 ]
Total votes: 28
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: sharksPosted: August 22nd, 2010, 5:15 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
if you start counting, I think humans have killed more sharks than sharks have killed humans.

ah that's what I call a great replay, I can't say how Much I agree with that! :!:

[Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: sharksPosted: August 22nd, 2010, 6:18 pm
When I lived in Western Australia in my youth, me and me mates would go down to City Beach to body surf, oogle the chicks and get badly sunburned. Every now and then we'd get a shark warning - more often it was a dolphin, and the drill was to evacuate the water. Well, I always made sure that I had at least one person on either side of me and the same in front; and when the siren went I could 'walk on water' back to the beach!

In Oz the saying is: "Poor bastard, he was taken by a shark" (or croc, or Dingo if you're small). That always tickled me; I mean not saying being eaten etc. I reckon its a bit embarassing for us, the Lords of Creation, to be on the menu for another species; and on that logic I reckon we should protect the sharks. but Shark Fin Soup? That sounds like another bizarre 'magic potion' dish that folk in Asia devour in the vain hope that it will make their dicks bigger or some such nonsense!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: sharksPosted: August 22nd, 2010, 6:39 pm
This thread really reveals why environmentalists have such strong supporters among the youth.

When you're a stupid little kid, like didibii, sentimental arguments about sharks being eaten etc really appeal to you. Then unfortunately, since most people in the world these days are morons, they translate these childish sentiments into opinions which then, even more unfortunately, become political opinions... and then it's all downhill from there.

There's not a thing wrong with being environmentally conscious. I am an avid outdoorsman (though I'd do whatever it takes to put a rifle on my boat to deal with sharks...), but I still hate enviro-fascists with a passion. Almost to a man, they're bleeding-heart self-righteous holier-than-thou jackasses who inevitably live in an urban or suburban environment (which therefore means that the majority of their "nature" experience is from watching Animal Planet, etc) and love to prattle on about how evil humans are for living on Earth and consuming resources... after awhile I just want to tell them all to just shut the fuck up and leave the rest of us alone.

But let's not get into this stupid Whale Wars debate again.

[Profile] [Quote]
didibii
Post subject: Re: sharksPosted: August 22nd, 2010, 8:15 pm
"(though I'd do whatever it takes to put a rifle on my boat to deal with sharks)"
A gun isnt going to help you much in water...

"When you're a stupid little kid, like didibii"
Lol so being 18 makes you a stupid little kid ?
(have been into sharks since 5 years old)when i started to like sharks, finning wasnt much of a problem then after few more years it got to over fishing of sharks then i really wanted to learn about sharks and the way i learn isnt from TV shows i read books and ask people that swim with sharks for a living about how the sharks live and what they do,and what they think of over shark fishing.

All i was trying to say is people are screwing up the envierment... bady 98% of sharks are gone in around the world excepet hawaii,australia.this wouldn't be a big problem if they only didt kill baby and pregnet sharks then nothing bad would happen if the sharks could grow,have baby sharks,then get killed,then the baby grows, have sharks, then get killed if it where like this their would be no loss.

Who cares about wales they are protected allready they have no chance of getting killed but sharks do since only 2 countrys protect them.

Like i said "all im trying to say is people are screwing up the envierment".

2.Mary celeste (All most done 40% completed)
4.German CV europa (dont know if i should do it)

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: sharksPosted: August 22nd, 2010, 9:31 pm
Even though whales are protected, they are still in danger of whale hunters.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: sharksPosted: August 22nd, 2010, 9:48 pm
Whales are only protected by national laws, and not all countries have them, in fact most don't. And outside territorial waters, where the whales tends to be, they don't mean jack-squat anyway.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
didibii
Post subject: Re: sharksPosted: August 22nd, 2010, 10:22 pm
whales are inportant too but people dont tend to hunt them as much as they did befor or like they hunt sharks...
mostly japan,china,korea (north and south),taiwan,tailand,and few other countrys there hunt wales other then that people dont hunt whales every where,but for sharks people do it for fun all around the world...

whales dont mean much to me but they are as inportant as sharks in the sea.
over fishing or over killing of animals is just sick.or over cuting of trees

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: sharksPosted: August 22nd, 2010, 11:36 pm
Quote:
For shooting at them from the boat, dumbass.
Quote:
The way you write, conduct yourself, and your general mannerisms are that of a stupid little kid.

As for the rest of your post, it's so jumbled and filled with idiocy that I can't be bothered to respond to it.

[Profile] [Quote]
didibii
Post subject: Re: sharksPosted: August 23rd, 2010, 3:12 am
Colosseum wrote:
Quote:
For shooting at them from the boat, dumbass.

why shoot a shark from your boat its not like its going to eat your boat or just jump on a eat you lol.
Quote:
The way you write, conduct yourself, and your general mannerisms are that of a stupid little kid.

As for the rest of your post, it's so jumbled and filled with idiocy that I can't be bothered to respond to it.
you and I never seem to get along...

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: sharksPosted: August 23rd, 2010, 3:15 pm
enveriomental facism is IMO as bad and counterproductive as any sort of "lets kill em becouse we have the rigth to kill em" type of facism and complete alienation from nature which we humans are (unfortuanetly) as part as any other living here. In most parts, the clashess and huge drama creates from the fact that neither point of view doesen't really want to discuss about the matter.

For sharks, I've never even seen a fish bigger than my left arm, so As they aren't swiming in my pond, I really don't care. Up here, the most proplems akin to the shark issue comes from wolves and bears, and I've found myself constantly rooting for the "enveriomentalist" (as in here, atleast the old-guard of long bearded hippies with cameras are true nature people that actually spend most of their lives in the woods) as the biggest argument from the otherside seems to be around the famous lines of "Why doesen't anybody think about the children?"

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: