Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Cybermax
Post subject: USS Freedom (transom change?)Posted: August 29th, 2010, 11:00 pm
I've noticed a change to the transom on LCS-1 but I'm curious as to why it happened?

An October 2009 photo here (before) http://www.flickr.com/photos/goatlockerguns/4102693377/ compared to a July 2010 photo here (after) http://www.flickr.com/photos/rimpac2010/4821439069/

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: USS Freedom (transom change?)Posted: August 29th, 2010, 11:03 pm
Its an add-on. Its not a load bearing structure.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: USS Freedom (transom change?)Posted: August 29th, 2010, 11:21 pm
Well, I'm sure it's bearing the load within the constructed cell, but that would be all. It's an interesting observation, though; I wasn't aware of this modification. Seems likely to be for small-caliber boghammer-bashing weapons, but that's wholly a guess on my part.

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: USS Freedom (transom change?)Posted: August 30th, 2010, 12:21 am
Wait? Freedom won the LCS competition? I personally wanted both of them to win.

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: USS Freedom (transom change?)Posted: August 31st, 2010, 2:51 pm
Neither LCS Entry has been selected as winner yet.

As for who I hope wins, I'm in favor of the Independence design cause it can carry 2 full-size Helicopters.

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
AegisFC
Post subject: Re: USS Freedom (transom change?)Posted: August 31st, 2010, 7:07 pm
Cybermax wrote:
I've noticed a change to the transom on LCS-1 but I'm curious as to why it happened?

An October 2009 photo here (before) http://www.flickr.com/photos/goatlockerguns/4102693377/ compared to a July 2010 photo here (after) http://www.flickr.com/photos/rimpac2010/4821439069/
Ah the butt-cheaks. They were added to give LCS-1 some additional stability if the big but not very water tight mission areas in the aft section flood for whatever reason.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/scoopdec ... ter-wings/

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: USS Freedom (transom change?)Posted: September 1st, 2010, 4:29 am
I honestly hope the Freedom wins. This is because I have a large, vested interest in keeping LockMart financially afloat. So yeah, I'm totally biased on this.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: USS Freedom (transom change?)Posted: September 1st, 2010, 5:39 am
Don't worry, I doubt Lockheed Martin is going anywhere.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: USS Freedom (transom change?)Posted: September 1st, 2010, 5:29 pm
Yeah but the more money they get the better :D

[Profile] [Quote]
AegisFC
Post subject: Re: USS Freedom (transom change?)Posted: September 1st, 2010, 11:26 pm
klagldsf wrote:
I honestly hope the Freedom wins. This is because I have a large, vested interest in keeping LockMart financially afloat. So yeah, I'm totally biased on this.
I have a vested interest in LockMart staying afloat as well but LCS is a very tiny part of the company and lets be honest the USN doesn't need a 45+ knot race horse with almost no payload. It needs a more realistic OHP replacement with a more realistic hullform that isn't horribly inefficient at medium and low speeds in short it needs a OHP replacement that can pass shock trials and enough crew to handle damage control.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: